Burned out missionary ... seeking fellowship with others who burned out
My husband and I started a 24/7 Christian TV network in the Phillipines this year. All hell broke loose after. I had a severe burnout from overwork, managing too much in ministry, business and family. I suffered a severe burnout with depression and anxiety and adrenal insufficiency, as well as a sinus surgery. My husband also burned out but not as bad as me. I would like to speak to ministers's wives or ministers who have been through it and learn from them how they came out. I am now over the crisis phase, just, and feeling much better with the depression and anxiety. The exhaustion is still huge. 2-3 month into it.
How did others navigate this:
1. In your relationship with God? Did you find it hard to connect with God? How did you overcome this in the end?
2. Mentally - how did you stay pozitive and overcome the effects of lack of concentration, forgetfulness and tiredness, and the huge change of life as a result of burnout?
3. Emotionally - how did you overcome the numb feelings, the compassion fatigue, the detachment feeling and depersonalization?
4. Physically - what did it take to recover? What tips would you give me?
5. What lessons did you learn through it?
Thanks a lot
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Pastor's Forum.